jueves, 27 de octubre de 2011

Aguardiente

People were asking the other day the translation for "aguardiente". I'm no alcohol expert, but it seems to me that countries that traditionally make this drink are Spanish speaking countries. In this thread some people say aguardiente, some people say "firewater" would be understood, and they also talk about moon-shine, but I'm not sure it's made with the same ingredents because I'd say they don't grow them in England or the US due to the weather. I know of an illegal homemade drink in Ireland, made out of potatoes, called Poitín in Gaelic and anglicised as Potcheen. People would drink a glass of this drink, they'd get drunk out of their faces, sleep, and the following morning they'd drink water and get drunk again. That's how strong it was.
http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=aguardiente

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario